You’ll find the Application for your construction project at the bottom of this page. Your Application must be submitted and approved before you begin construction.
- Scope: All contractors and subcontractors, their employees and agents performing work in The Highlands are subject to the following controls. The Construction Requirements are designed to minimize as much as possible inconvenience and hazard to the residents of The Highlands and their guests. Construction personnel are expected to comply with all Construction requirements and to cooperate with Association representatives in this effort.
- Authorization for construction: No exterior construction, installation, painting, or landscape work may be commenced before the Association has granted final approval for such work and all fees required by the Association have been paid.
- Duration of construction: Construction of a minor remodel or addition must be completed within six (6) months. Construction of a major remodel or a new residence must be completed within eighteen (18) months. Extensions: Requests for extension of construction time will be reviewed upon receipt in writing a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to the original completion date.
- Conformance with approved plans: It is the responsibility of the Member to ensure that all construction conforms to the approved plans. Construction shall be reviewed by the Committee or Association Consulting Architect to ensure conformance with the aesthetic and visual requirements of the Association-approved construction plans.
- Deviations from approved plans: Deviations from the Association-approved plans must be submitted to the Committee for approval prior to being constructed.
- Hours of work: Construction work is permitted between the hours of 7:30 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. Construction work is not permitted in the Highlands on Saturdays, Sundays or on holidays, unless requested in writing and approved by the Committee.
- Community access: The Association pool area and rest rooms are not to be used by construction personnel without the express written permission of the Association.
- Parking: Contractor vehicles and equipment trailers shall make all attempts to park in front of the subject property whenever possible. Contractor vehicles and equipment trailers shall not impinge on the ability for normal service vehicles to perform their duties, such as, street sweeping, trash collection, and Association landscape maintenance. Contractor vehicles and equipment trailers shall not park in the Highlands overnight or at any time other than during approved hours of work.
- Site maintenance and housekeeping: The project site shall be maintained in a clean, orderly and safe condition at all times during construction. Construction materials shall be stored on the site and not on public streets, except and unless such short-term storage has the prior authorization of the Association or the city of Irvine. Any and all debris generated by the work must be removed from public streets and/or common area on a daily basis and in a safe and approved manner.
- Waste disposal: Any dumpster at a project site shall be maintained in a safe and orderly manner by the Member. The homeowner shall be responsible for all security and safety provisions for the dumpster and its contents while the dumpster is within the Highlands.
Please submit all completed forms to Keystone Pacific at 16775 Von Karman Ave, Suite 100, Irvine, CA. 92606 or email email@example.com.
Questions regarding the architectural process? Please contact your Community Association Manager. Please submit all completed forms to Keystone Pacific at 16775 Von Karman Ave, Suite 100, Irvine, CA. 92606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.